Christ's Bridge
A bridge to books and other knowledge about Christ.
If there are any of these books that you would enjoy giving for a present please go to Amazon.com. I am reviewing these books for you. The only way that I aquire any profit is if you purchase through my Amazon store.

Monday, March 30, 2009

What is Easter?


What is Easter?
Written By:
Michelle Medlock Adams
Illustrated By: Amy Wummer
Published By: Candy Cane Press
Copyrighted: 2005
Number of Pages: 24 pages
Age Group: 4-8 years of age
Type of Book: Christian fiction
Physical Description: Cardboard book
About the Book: This book begins by asking the reader if Easter is about new clothes, candy and hunting Easter eggs. The answer that is given is “No!” Easter is about God's son, Jesus, and the life he gave to save us. The illustrations are very well done. Everyone is happy and the same outdrew are shown throughout the story.
What My Children Thought: This book was very popular with my children. My five-year-old son liked Jesus with the children, the Easter Egg Hunt and the chicks. He especially liked the page that explains what Easter is really about. My three-year-old daughter enjoyed the whole book. There was nothing they disliked.
What I liked: I thought the entire book was wonderful. I thought it was important to show the contrasts between how many people celebrate Easter and how it truly should be. My favorite phrase is "He wants to live inside you too and fill you up with love." That is very important to all of us. We all need to remember that.
What I disliked: Nothing.
Would I recommend: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you click on the Amazon Ad if you need to order books or toys for presents. By ordering from Amazon you enable me to be able to find more books to review for you.