Deeply Loved: 40 Ways in 40 Days to Experience the Heart of Jesus by Keri Wyatt Kent
Growing closer to Jesus is something I really desire in my life and absorbing myself in this book will really help me.
I have read and studied these seven chapters twice a day in case there is something I need to pay attention to during the day. This has helped me pay attention to my relationship with Jesus during the day and what I need to work on.
Here is what I learned from these chapters.
“Day 19: Simplicity”
- I like simplicity and I want to pass it onto my my family.
- We know that we have enough in the house and don’t need more.
- I need to challenge myself for the meals that I make.
- I am pleased that I challenge myself in the house with decorating and rearranging the house with what we have.
- Galatians 5:22-23
- From those verses I know we need to have love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- God has given me a family to help to develop the traits and to pass them on.
- I am better than I was six months ago, but I am still working on patience.
- I need to go through the sins that I had during the day and confess them to God and for forgiveness.
- I need to give my kids grace for their mistakes.
- I give thanks to the Lord for forgiveness.
“Day 22: Gratitude”
- I need to always find all the little things and be grateful for them and more.
- I need to get a journal and write down all the good things through the day.
- I need to focus on what I have!
“Day 23: Listen”
- I read Ezekiel 34 and John 10:1-21
- I know Jesus’ voice and I recognize it, because it is my head, nudging.
- I need to lower the technology noise in my head and read the Bible even more to understand what Jesus is saying to me.
- My favorite verse is John 10:10 “…My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life (NLT).
“Day 24: Vulnerable”
- I was to read John 17 twice
- Jesus want to protect us, He prayed for me, Jesus used his life to reveal God, Jesus protected the disciples, and God is to take care of the disciples, since Jesus wouldn’t be able to.
- Jesus, please be a part of me through God’s love.
“Day 25: Hurry”
- I am in a hurry sometimes because I spend time with technology and I need to stop, so I can concentrate on my kids and getting the things done that I need to.
- Lord, help me focus and have patience.
Genre- Religion / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
Published by- Abingdon Press
Number of pages- 200
Age Group- Adult
Description of book- Paperback, listed price- $14.99, ISBN 978-1-4267-4481-5
Disclosure of Material Connection- I received Deeply Loved by Keri Wyatt Kent for free from Abingdon Press. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted.