Deeply Loved: 40 Ways in 40 Days to Experience the Heart of Jesus by Keri Wyatt Kent
(I received this book for review purposes.)
I have enjoyed the past 40 days. I have become more at peace with myself and I have become closer with Jesus. Here are my favorite thoughts from each day.
“Chapter 1: An Only Child”
- God is always saying, “I sure do love R…”
“Chapter Two: Walking with the Jews”.
- Pretend Jesus is with me all day long and He gives me peace and security
“Chapter Three: Slow Down”
- Can I slow the pace of my life? My family doesn’t participate in a lot of activities outside of the house. We could work on spending less time with technology.
“Chapter 4: Review of the Day”
Where did I see God?
- I saw God with my children’s kindness towards each other.
“Day 5: Waking”
- I need to always wake up in the morning and pray. I need to ask Jesus to be with me during the day.
“Day 6: Through the Day”
- I need to set up times throughout the day to pray.
“Day 7: Prayer of Adoration”
- I need to use some verses from Psalms to help with prayers of adoration, like Psalm 8.
“Day 8: Companion”
- I need to find a person to grow spiritually deeper with.
“Day 9: Alone”
- I need to be still and quiet with Jesus for an hour, no technology.
“Day 10: Quiet”
- Knowing how to be quiet will help me become a better listener.
“Day 11: Meditate on the Promise of God”
- My favorite John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you.” (NIV)
“Day 12: With”
- I needed to read the Gospels.
“Day 13: Distracted”
- What distracts me from Jesus- technology and worry.
“Day 14: Show Me”
- This relates to Mark 9 and desperate situations. Fortunately I do not have a desperate situation in my life right now.
“Day 15: The Blues”
- Psalm 42 is a great psalm for those who are lamenting and needing Jesus right then in their lives. I did not have anything to lament about.
“Day 16: Creation”
- I need to pay more attention to nature in the city as much as I do in the country, because I need to find the joy in creation.
“Day 17: Direction”
- What decisions I am needing to make and how I can weigh the pros of each.
“Day 18: Intercession”
- I needed to make a list of people who need praying for and pray for them.
“Day 19: Simplicity”
- I like simplicity and I want to pass it onto my my family.
- Galatians 5:22-23- from these verses I know we need to have love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- I need to give my kids more grace for their mistakes.
“Day 22: Gratitude”
- I need to always find all the little things and be grateful for them and more.
“Day 23: Listen”
- I know Jesus’ voice and I recognize it, because it is my head, nudging.
“Day 24: Vulnerable”
- Jesus wants to protect us, He prayed for me, Jesus used his life to reveal God, and Jesus protected the disciples.
“Day 25: Hurry”
- Lord, help me focus and have patience.
“Day 26: BFFS”
- I would love to feel love and peace from Jesus. To be able to have a great relationship with Jesus, I need to actively read his word and get rid of things in life, like technology, that are preventing me from having a full relationship with him.
“Day 27: Sabbath”
- My husband, children, and I actively participate in the Sabbath. It is a wonderful day for recharging ourselves and enjoying what God has provided for us.
“Day 28: Trust”
- I am grateful for my family, the sun when it shines, precipitation, spring coming, the Sabbath, books, freedom, and homeschooling. These are just a few of the things I am thankful for.
“Day 29: Beloved”
- There is no risk in being God’s beloved.
“Day 30: Redeemed”
- God promised everything for us, we need not ever worry.
“Day 31: Remember”
- I need to work on memorizing the Lord’s words, it shall begin with Psalm 27.
“Day 32: Daddy”
- I need to pray to God to thank him for my parents and to help me be the parent I need to be to help my children grow properly.
“Day 33: Serve”
- When I go through a day of serving people secretly it makes me happy and it makes them happy when they realize when something was done for them.
“Day 34: Doubt”
- My doubt comes in the form of tithing. I always feel that if we give away our money then we won’t have any money to pay bills and buy food. I know that isn’t true, but it is an area where I have great doubt.
“Day 35: Pray”
- I have read Psalm 5, the required reading, and I have since changed my mind. I can pray using the scriptures!
“Day 36: Ambassador”
- I did what I could to think of others, by putting them first and helping them in the way that Jesus would.
“Day 37: Abide”
- I have noticed that when I abide in Christ, I treat others with more kindness and love.
“Day 38: Restore Our Sight”
- I read Matthew 20:31-33 and I would like Jesus to give me peace.
“Day 39: Mystery of Growth”
- I have enjoyed this book immensely. I do feel that I have grown. I am now more patient. I also pay more attention to Jesus and what he is wanting me to do.
“Day 40: Celebration”
- It is now time to celebrate the end of my journey! There are many ways to do it. I am not sure how I am going to do it, but I think I will begin by being with Jesus more!
Genre- Religion / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
Published by- Abingdon Press
Number of pages- 200
Age Group- Adult
Description of book- Paperback, listed price- $14.99, ISBN 978-1-4267-4481-5
Disclosure of Material Connection- I received Deeply Loved by Keri Wyatt Kent for free from Abingdon Press. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted.