Deeply Loved: 40 Ways in 40 Days to Experience the Heart of Jesus by Keri Wyatt Kent
Growing closer to Jesus is something I really desire in my life and absorbing myself in this book will really help me.
I have been read and studying these seven chapters twice a day in case there is something I need to pay attention to during the day. This has helped me pay attention to how I am with Jesus during the day and what I need to work on.
Here is what I learned from these chapters.
“Day 12: With”
- I needed to read one of the Gospel’s so I read Mark.
- I found there was not a lot of detail to really learn about Jesus, so I am going to read Luke instead.
“Day 13: Distracted”
- What distracts me from Jesus- technology and worry.
- I need to give my worry to Jesus and turn off the technology
“Day 14: Show Me”
- This relates to Mark 9 and desperate situations. Fortunately I do not have a desperate situation in my life right now.
- If I did have a desperate situation in my life I would need to look for Jesus in all of it.
“Day 15: The Blues”
- Psalm 42 is a great psalm for those who are lamenting and needing Jesus right then in their lives. I did not have anything to lament about.
- I did enjoy verse 8.
“Day 16: Creation”
- I really enjoy nature and it brings me joy.
- I need to pay more attention to nature in the city as much as I do in the country, because I need to find the joy.
- I am grateful that we live near a park and creek, so we can go and see nature whenever we want to.
“Day 17: Direction”
- What decisions am I needing to make and how I can way the pros of each. I am not needing to make any major decisions
“Day 18: Intercession”
- I needed to make a list of people who need praying for and then pray for them.
- This is something I really enjoy doing.
- It will be hard to do physical things for people because most of them live very far away and it would be hard to take them a meal or watch their children.
- I can’t wait to see what God has in store for me in this area.
Genre- Religion / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
Published by- Abingdon Press
Number of pages- 200
Age Group- Adult
Description of book- Paperback, listed price- $14.99, ISBN 978-1-4267-4481-5
Disclosure of Material Connection- I received Deeply Loved by Keri Wyatt Kent for free from Abingdon Press. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted.