Deeply Loved: 40 Ways in 40 Days to Experience the Heart of Jesus by Keri Wyatt Kent
(I received this book for review purposes.)
Growing closer to Jesus is something I really desire in my life and focusing on this book is helping me.
I read and study these seven chapters twice a day in case there is something I need to pay attention to during the day. This has helped me focus on my relationship with Jesus during the day, so I can see more clearly what I need to work on.
Here is what I learned from these chapters.
“Day 33: Serve”
- When I go through a day of serving people secretly it makes me happy and it makes them happy when they realize it.
“Day 34: Doubt”
- My doubt comes in the form of tithing. I always feel that if we give away our money then we won’t have any money to pay bills and buy food. I know that isn’t true, but it is an area where I have great doubt.
“Day 35: Pray”
- This one is difficult for me, because I am not used to making prayers from the Bible.
- I have read Psalm 5, the required reading, and I have since changed my mind. I can pray using the scriptures!
- I need to try to pray by using scripture more often.
“Day 36: Ambassador”
- I did what I could to think of others, by putting them first and helping them in the way that Jesus would.
“Day 37: Abide”
- I have noticed that when I abide in Christ, I treat others with more kindness and love.
- I am learning to put them first.
- If I give my concerns to Jesus then I don’t need to worry and I can be more present for others
“Day 38: Restore Our Sight”
- I read Matthew 20:31-33 and I would like Jesus to give me peace.
“Day 39: Mystery of Growth”
- I have enjoyed this book immensely. I do feel that I have grown. I am now more patient. I also pay more to Jesus and what he is wanting me to do.
“Day 40: Celebration”
- It is now time to celebrate the end of my journey! There are many ways to do it. I am not sure how I am going to do it, but I think I will begin by being with Jesus more!
Stay tuned for next week when I will share my favorite moments!
Genre- Religion / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
Published by- Abingdon Press
Number of pages- 200
Age Group- Adult
Description of book- Paperback, listed price- $14.99, ISBN 978-1-4267-4481-5
Disclosure of Material Connection- I received Deeply Loved by Keri Wyatt Kent for free from Abingdon Press. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted.