Deeply Loved: 40 Ways in 40 Days to Experience the Heart of Jesus by Keri Wyatt Kent
Growing closer to Jesus is something I really desire in my life and focusing on this book is helping me.
I read and study these seven chapters twice a day in case there is something I need to pay attention to during the day. This has helped me focus on my relationship with Jesus during the day, so I can see more clearly what I need to work on.
Here is what I learned from these chapters.
“Day 26: BFFS”
- Matthew 4:18-22, 17:1-13, 26:36-46 and Mark 3:17 and 5:36-38
- In those verses we learn that Peter, James and John were always there and they didn’t hesitate to follow Jesus.
- We need to follow Jesus without hesitation.
- Jesus requires us to follow him with out questioning it. We need to trust in him.
- (John 15:9-17) Jesus gave us the command to love others the way He loved us. We are so blessed because he loves us.
- I would love to feel love and peace from Jesus. To be able to have a great relationship with Jesus, I need to actively read his word and get rid of things in life, like technology, that are preventing me from having a full relationship with him.
- I need to start reading the Bible and turning off the computer!
“Day 27: Sabbath”
- Jesus practiced the Sabbath by teaching and being there for others.
- When I was growing up we would go to church on Sunday, but it would just be another day.
- My husband, children, and I actively participate in the Sabbath. It is a wonderful day for recharging ourselves and enjoying what God has provided for us.
“Day 28: Trust”
- Current worries- Health of my family and accomplishing the small things
- I am grateful for my family, the sun when it shines, precipitation, spring coming, the Sabbath, books, freedom, and homeschooling. These are just a few of the things I am thankful for.
“Day 29: Beloved”
- John the disciple, just believed in Jesus and followed Him, he didn’t do anything special.
- There is no risk in being God’s beloved.
“Day 30: Redeemed”
- Isaiah 43:1-5
- Specific fears I am facing right now- finances
- God promised everything for us, we need not ever worry.
“Day 31: Remember”
- My heart is beginning to be filled with peace.
- I need to work on memorizing the Lord’s words, it shall begin with Psalm 27.
“Day 32: Daddy”
- I like the characteristics that came from my parents, like kindness, generosity, encouragement.
- I need to pray to God to thank him for my parents and to help me be the parent I need to be to help my children grow properly.
Genre- Religion / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
Published by- Abingdon Press
Number of pages- 200
Age Group- Adult
Description of book- Paperback, listed price- $14.99, ISBN 978-1-4267-4481-5
Disclosure of Material Connection- I received Deeply Loved by Keri Wyatt Kent for free from Abingdon Press. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted.