Christ's Bridge
A bridge to books and other knowledge about Christ.
If there are any of these books that you would enjoy giving for a present please go to Amazon.com. I am reviewing these books for you. The only way that I aquire any profit is if you purchase through my Amazon store.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nine-Story Pagodas & Double-decker Buses: Travels in Hong Kong by Gilbert Morris

Nine-Story Pagodas & Double-decker Buses: Travels in Hong Kong
By
Gilbert Morris
Series: Adventures of the Kerrigan Kids, #4
Published By: Moody Press
Copyrighted: 2001
Number of Pages: 121 pages
Age Group: 8-11 years old
Type of Book: Christian Juvenile Fiction
Physical Description: Paperback, 5x7 inches
Extras: List of other juvenile books by Gilbert Morris and published by Moody Press
About the Book: Twelve-year-old Duffy, 9-year-old Pearl, 11-year-old Seth and 10-year-old Juan are looking forward to their trip to Hong Kong with their father, Mr. Kerrigan. It is at church that the kids learn the story about the Good Samaritan and they learn that they should be good to those who are different. When the Kerrigan family is aboard the plane they befriend two children, Saun and Ping Li who are on their way to live with their grandparents. The family spends a lot of time with Lis. The Kerrigans teach Saun, Ping and their grandparents about praying, Bible and Jesus. All the Lis are glad to have been introduced to Jesus. Duffy is sure that God sent them to Hong Kong to teach them about God. The Kerrigans learned that anybody can be a Good Samaritan.
What I Thought: I enjoyed this book. I have never thought of the story of the Good Samaritan in this way before. I think it is important for all of us to remember the story of the Good Samaritan and remember to always be good to those who are different from us. Every time I am introduced to someone I may not want to be friends with or an unbeliever I am going to be a Good Samaritan, so I can be like the Kerrigans.
Would I recommend: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you click on the Amazon Ad if you need to order books or toys for presents. By ordering from Amazon you enable me to be able to find more books to review for you.