Christ's Bridge
A bridge to books and other knowledge about Christ.
If there are any of these books that you would enjoy giving for a present please go to Amazon.com. I am reviewing these books for you. The only way that I aquire any profit is if you purchase through my Amazon store.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Mom's Best Meat Loaf

Mom’s Best Meat Loaf

1½ pounds ground beef
¾ cup rolled oats (uncooked) or dried bread that has been torn into small chunks
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 egg
¾ cup milk

Sauce:
1/3 cup catsup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon mustard
stir together

Combine all the ingredients except for the ground beef and let them sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes so the rolled oats or bread has a chance to become softened. After soaking add the ground beef and pack into a loaf pan. Pour sauce over the meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serves about four people.

1 comment:

  1. I came to visit for the blog carnival and I am so glad I did! I was thrilled to discover this recipe. It is similar to one I loved years ago, which I had lost. I am copying it and saving it this time! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you click on the Amazon Ad if you need to order books or toys for presents. By ordering from Amazon you enable me to be able to find more books to review for you.