Christ's Bridge
A bridge to books and other knowledge about Christ.
If there are any of these books that you would enjoy giving for a present please go to Amazon.com. I am reviewing these books for you. The only way that I aquire any profit is if you purchase through my Amazon store.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Story of Easter


The Story of Easter or La Historia de la Pascua En Ingles
By
Patricia A. Pingry
Illustrated by Stacy Venturi-Pickett
Published by: Ideals Children's Books
Copyrighted: 2001
Number of pages: 26 pages
Age Group: 4-8 years of age
Type of book: Christian Non-fiction
Physical Description of Book: paperback, 8x8 inches
Extras: There are letters in the beginning to parents or teachers and a list of the 200 words in Spanish and English in the back.
About the book: This was a wonderfully drawn and written story about Easter, The illustrations are very realistic, bright and nicely textured. There are enjoyable mentions of spring, why we have Easter, what happens on Easter. The most important lesson in this book is that Jesus gave his life so we may live.
What my children thought: My five-year-old son liked the bunnies, people going to church and the list of vocabulary words at the end of the book. He also liked that it was in English and Spanish. He thought it was important that the angel told the women, “Jesus has risen.” There was nothing my son disliked and he wants kids his age to read it. My three-year-old daughter liked the chicks, children splashing in the puddles and sheep. She did not like the angel, but she did think that kids her age would like the book.
What I liked: I liked the illustrations and the vocabulary list at the end of the book. I liked that the author pointed out, Jesus loves us and we love him. I enjoyed being able to read a version in English and Spanish
What I disliked: Nothing
Would I recommend: Yes, I would The Story of Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you click on the Amazon Ad if you need to order books or toys for presents. By ordering from Amazon you enable me to be able to find more books to review for you.