Ephesians: Discovering Your Identity and Purpose in Christ (A Discover Together Bible Study)
by Sue Edwards
(I received this book for review purposes.)
I’m excited to bring to you a Bible study that I am participating in by Sue Edwards. I participated in her 1 Peter Bible study. It was rewarding. I worked on the Ephesians Bible study this past week with “Lesson Six: Tripping Over Your Tongue? Talk Your Walk!” I’m excited to share my thoughts with you.
This week’s focus was learning about the importance of watching our tongue and words. I read Ephesians 4:17-32. The memory verse was Ephesians 4: 29.
“Pay Attention, Please!”
- Paul is adamant that we are not to walk in the vanity of our minds. According to Paul, pagans would not think of the right things in life or talk the right way.
- No more old conversations, get rid of the old.
- We all need to get rid of the negatives things we say.
- Paul’s first instructions are for us to tell the truth to each other. Some ways we are false with others is when we don’t tell them the truth about their actions.
- We need to be truthful, because it causes distrust.
- Paul said to speak truth in love, because if it is said in a mean tone it can make the problem worse.
- Don’t sin when you are angry.
- I think that we shouldn’t go to sleep angry, because if you do you will probably wake up angry or something could happen to either you or the person you are angry with.
- If you don’t handle your anger properly you can teach it to other people.
- Paul tells the thief to steal no more and go to work so he could give to others.
- Your words should be used to build people up.
- When I don’t control my tongue it makes the Holy Spirit sad. I feel sad when I make the Holy Spirit sad.
- We need to be tenderhearted. If we are tenderhearted, we are more likely to be naturally nice. We should forgive, since God forgave us.
- This week I need to think very hard before I speak.
- If I build others up, they will build others up.
Published by- Kregel Publications
Number of pages- 128
Age Group- Adult
Description of book- Paperback, listed price- $12.99, ISBN 978-0-8254-4309-1
Disclosure of Material Connection- I received Ephesians by Sue Edwards for free from Open Book Promotions and Kregel for this Bible Study. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted.