Ephesians: Discovering Your Identity and Purpose in Christ (A Discover Together Bible Study)
by Sue Edwards
(I received this book for review purposes.)
I’m excited to bring to you a Bible study that I am participating in by Sue Edwards. I participated in her 1 Peter Bible study. It was rewarding. I worked on the Ephesians Bible study this past week with Lesson 8: “Walk Worthy in Relationships.” I’m excited to share my thoughts with you.
This week’s focus was learning about how to have harmony in our relationships. I read Ephesians 5:21-6:9. The memory verse was Ephesians 5:21.
“Submitting to One Another”
- In our lives we are usually trying to boss people and not submit to one another. We are to do this in fear of God.
- I looked up the definition of submission. When I hear the word, submission, I know I need to do it and it is not a bad thing, even though society says it is.
- Paul counsels wives first. A wife’s attitude is important, because she is the one who truly makes the house happy.
- I do find submission difficult sometimes, but our relationship is better when I do submit to my husband.
- I can still have disagreements and opinions, but he is the one in charge.
- Husbands should imitate Christ. A husband could read the Word to his wife to encourage her.
- A husband should love his wife as much as he loves himself. He is to nourish and cherish her.
- Marriage should be as stable and permanent as Christ is to the church.
“An Enduring and Growing Marriage”
- Marriages in this nation would be much stronger if we could love and submit.
- The husband who is not doing his part can be changed by the spouse who is always submitting and loving.
“Parents and Children”
- Children should obey their parents and honor them to have a long life on this earth. Father’s should not provoke their children, but lead them and nourish them.
- We should not exasperate our children like, treat them younger than they are or nag them. We need to nourish and love them. We need to teach them about the Lord and how they should behave.
- In the workplace we should be obedient to our employers and do it with God in mind. If the paycheck is small we should still do the best job possible. Employers should treat their employees with respect and do it with Christ in mind. Submitting to one another.
Genre- Bible Study
Published by- Kregel Publications
Number of pages- 128
Age Group- Adult
Description of book- Paperback, listed price- $12.99, ISBN 978-0-8254-4309-1
Disclosure of Material Connection- I received Ephesians by Sue Edwards for free from Open Book Promotions and Kregel for this Bible Study. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted.