Ephesians: Discovering Your Identity and Purpose in Christ (A Discover Together Bible Study)
by Sue Edwards
(I received this book for review purposes.)
I’m excited to bring to you a Bible study that I am participating in by Sue Edwards. I participated in her 1 Peter Bible study. It was rewarding. I worked on the Ephesians Bible study this past week with Lesson 7 ‘Walking “Under the Influence”’ I’m excited to share my thoughts with you.
This week’s focus was learning about how to be “under the influence” of the Holy Spirit. I read Ephesians 5:1-20. The memory verses are Ephesians 5: 18b-20.
- We should walk in love and be as children. When I was a child I imitated those I was around. We should have love in all we do, because it makes life better for all those around us.
- We need to walk and live in the Spirit to live a life of love!
- Sexual desire outside of marriage is very unhealthy. It is dangerous for women, because they think emotionally and really become involved. Sexual immorality can effect generations.
- The danger in this society is the ease of access. We have to turn it off or turn away.
- We are not about sexual immorality or greed, because God is about love and giving and purity.
“A Dirty Mouth”
- Foolish talking and filthy talking grieves God. We need to keep away from the jesting and have love and tenderheartedness.
“Darkness and Light”
- We are the light and we need to walk in the light.
- Physically- light=can see, dark=cannot see
- Spiritually- light=good, dark=evil
- We need to do as God desires us to do. We are not to have fellowship with the darkness.
- Christ will give us light when we come to faith.
“Walking in Evil Days”
- We need to understand the will of the Lord.
- Today’s society makes the days evil. We need to make sure we make the most of every opportunity by making sure we do everything is God’s name.
- We should not drink alcohol, but we should sing songs to the Lord and give thanks (be under the influence of the Lord).
Genre- Bible Study
Published by- Kregel Publications
Number of pages- 128
Age Group- Adult
Description of book- Paperback, listed price- $12.99, ISBN 978-0-8254-4309-1
Disclosure of Material Connection- I received Ephesians by Sue Edwards for free from Open Book Promotions and Kregel for this Bible Study. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted.