Christ's Bridge
A bridge to books and other knowledge about Christ.
If there are any of these books that you would enjoy giving for a present please go to Amazon.com. I am reviewing these books for you. The only way that I aquire any profit is if you purchase through my Amazon store.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Prayers for Children illustrated by Eloise Wilkin

Prayers for Children is illustrated by Eloise Wilkin and contains prayers and songs with selections from My Little Golden Book about God by Jane Werner Watson and is a large cardboard book. It was copyrighted in 2005 and was published by Random House.
The prayers can be said in the morning, mealtimes and nighttime and are written by many different people. These prayers also include the Lord’s Prayer. I think that by reading this book to young children they will learn about God’s love and good prayers for children to memorize for different times of the day. These poems can help a child or adult write a poem of their own for God.
I thought the illustrations were very peaceful and wholesome. The animals were drawn very well. I did think that there could have been more pictures with boys. I believe the illustrations can help parents and grandparents remember the book from when they were younger. The children listening to the story can relate because the pictures are drawn from a child’s point of view.
My two-year-old and four-year-old enjoy reading this book at different times of the day to say the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you click on the Amazon Ad if you need to order books or toys for presents. By ordering from Amazon you enable me to be able to find more books to review for you.