Ephesians: Discovering Your Identity and Purpose in Christ (A Discover Together Bible Study)
by Sue Edwards
(I received this book for review purposes.)
I am excited to bring to you a new Bible study that I am participating in by Sue Edwards. I have participated in her 1 Peter Bible study and I thought it was great. I have been working on Ephesians this past week. I am excited to share what I have learned with you.
This weeks focus is “Learn to Sit” and I read Ephesians 1:1-14
- Paul describes himself as an apostle of Jesus. The Ephesians are described as faithful saints. Peace to me means tranquility and grace means free passes and tranquility.
“Blessings in the Heavenly Realms”
- God has blessed us with every blessing in heaven. We belonged to God before the world was even formed! We were chosen to be holy and without fault.
“Adopted into God’s Forever Family”
- We were adopted by God, because it gives him pleasure. To be adopted means to be a part of a family and somebody will always take care of you. In Ephesians 1:6-8 I think Paul was awe struck by what God did for us. He was really thinking about what God did for us.
“A Great Mystery”
- The mystery revealed in Ephesians 1:9-10 was everything will be united under Christ and I don’t know when it will happen.
- We need to bring praise and glory to God.
- We have been marked by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the earnest money from when God purchased us. He now owns us (verses 13 and 14).
- From 1:1-14 the benefits and blessings I enjoy as a Christen are- God is my family, I am forgiven, I am sealed in the Holy Spirit, and I have been given grace. I can thank God by praying and being a better person. I am a child of God, but I can do much more by utilizing the Holy Spirit and reading the Bible. I need to always think before I speak.
Genre- Bible Study
Published by- Kregel Publications
Number of pages- 128
Age Group- Adult
Description of book- Paperback, listed price- $12.99, ISBN 978-0-8254-4309-1
Disclosure of Material Connection- I received Ephesians by Sue Edwards for free from Open Book Promotions and Kregel for this Bible Study. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted.