Christ's Bridge
A bridge to books and other knowledge about Christ.
If there are any of these books that you would enjoy giving for a present please go to Amazon.com. I am reviewing these books for you. The only way that I aquire any profit is if you purchase through my Amazon store.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Life of Our Lord by Charles Dickens

The Life of Our Lord by Charles Dickens was published in 1995 by Wordsworth Editions Ltd. This edition has 120 pages and is a middle school reading level.
This story was written by Charles Dickens in 1849 for his children. It was first published in 1935 in serial form.
This book is the story of the life of Jesus from about 6/5 B.C. to 30 A.D. This story takes place in many places including Galilee, Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Nazareth, and River Jordan. Charles Dickens shows us that through Jesus’ miracles and teachings that he was God and we can be more like him so we can go to heaven.
I liked this edition because the paper used was made mostly by using hydroelectricity and there was no chlorine added. There are a couple of pages included in the book that shows Charles Dickens’ handwriting. There is not much text on each page, so it makes it easier to read.
I thought the parables were well written and I gained a new understanding of many of them. It was interesting reading Charles Dickens own view points, it helped me learn what it was that was important for Charles Dickens’ children. I did not think it was proper to have the Jewish Sabbath on Sunday, because it is Friday night to Saturday night.
This book was an easy read that made me want to read and learn more about Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. You should put a picture of the book up. Then if I see it I will think of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you click on the Amazon Ad if you need to order books or toys for presents. By ordering from Amazon you enable me to be able to find more books to review for you.