Christ's Bridge
A bridge to books and other knowledge about Christ.
If there are any of these books that you would enjoy giving for a present please go to Amazon.com. I am reviewing these books for you. The only way that I aquire any profit is if you purchase through my Amazon store.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

We Need Invisible Cloaks

As I read Colossians 3:12 (Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering. KJV) today I was struck by the fact that we are holy now that we have chosen God and Jesus. 

As we are holy we need to make sure we act holy towards others.  And when I looked at the second half of the verse, I decided that I need to be wearing an invisible cloak.  This cloak needs to be made of mercy, kindness, humbleness, meekness, and longsuffering.  That cloak needs to stay wrapped around me from head to toe covering everything but my eyes.  I especially need it over my mouth, so I can make sure that all of those characteristics are coming from my mouth, not anger, malice, etc.  I need my eyes uncovered, because I need to be able to see how my actions are treating others and what can be done differently.  I am going to pray daily that my cloak is on.

How many of you have your cloaks on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you click on the Amazon Ad if you need to order books or toys for presents. By ordering from Amazon you enable me to be able to find more books to review for you.